Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunny days and new beginnings!

 The long dreary days of winter often leave one feeling as gray as the skies outside are and without enthusiasm.  But with the arrival of some fabulous bright sunshine these past days, I have felt the stirrings of renewed inspiration, just like what one feels when spring time finally arrives after a long and intolerable winter.  I was inspired to start this new blog, to simply close my eyes and jump back into the world of blogger after a long absense.  It feels good to be back!

 I was also inspired to accomplish much in yesterday's late afternoon hours.  I sat among my silk ribbons, vintage trims, baubles and colorful threads,  plus my own little handmade hat shaped silk pincushion and let the warmth of the sunshine pouring through the window heat my creativity.  I enjoyed a pleasant session of sewing and creating this garter set in white silk satin ribbon, vintage white lace, and the newly acquired vintage 1950's rhinestone buttons.  Aren't they beautiful!  They add just a bit of sparkle without being over-stated, I hope this garter set will soon be a lovely addition to a young girl's bridal ensemble.  It will soon be listed in my Etsy shop.  http://www.etsy.com/shop/gartermademoiselle

1 comment:

  1. HELLO My Friend :)
    Welcome back to the land of blogging. I was so excited to see your comment on my blog as I was just thinking about you and hoping you were well. There is so much to catch up on and I will be looking forward to and everyone of your new posts. These garters are just beautiful. The lace is so dainty and the sweet little buttons add the perfect touch.
    I am SO glad that you are back
    xoxoxo
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete