Saturday, March 12, 2011

Spring is making itself known!

I guess Cody has not yet felt the first stirrings of spring time, he would much prefer to just lay by the window resting his head on the blanket, and dream of all the things that he used to do. He is no longer as active as he once was,  (but then who is!!)  and he suffers with arthritis now even though he is not yet 7 years old.


What he probably did not notice while he dreamt the day away, is that the first crocuses have bloomed in the yard, wild little flowers that sprout up here and there and yet none of us know where they came from!  I am not a gardener and haven't anything near to a green thumb, but I make sure that these little beauties do not get destroyed when the men in the family are out with the mower cutting down anything and everything that gets in their path.



I am sadly lacking that green thumb, but I have been making flowers come alive in my little corner by the window not far from where Cody sleeps, working some magic on old 1920's ribbons, creating these newest Ribbbonwork compositions.  I wish I had more hours in the day so that I could spend a bit more time on the very thing I love best - old silk ribbons and what they can be folded and stitched into!!  Lovely Victorian Ribbonwork.





Wishing you all some lovely hours doing what you love best, indoor or out, and hoping that spring time is starting to make itself known where you live.


1 comment:

  1. Hello Debby!! It was so good to see a comment from you, and I'm so glad you're back to blogging!! I've missed seeing your beautiful work and look forward to being inspired by your creativity and talent! I hope you're doing well, and I hope that Cody is feeling better too!

    ReplyDelete