Saturday, July 30, 2011

RAINY SUMMER DAYS

I know that the rest of the world is having a really hot and humid summer, but here in my corner of the world in the north-west part of Germany we have nothing but rain, rain, and then more rain.  It is cold out there like the worst autumn day, and summer seems to have eluded us some how. I am not sure which is the lesser of the two evils, much too hot and humid, or our cold and damp.
But this picture just might say it all.  Even our chickens don't like being out in this awful "summer" weather and sat at the windows hoping we would let them in.  The rooster crowed loud and clear, hoping I would notice them a bit sooner.  I would like to know just what it was that he was trying to tell me!

What ever your weather is today, I hope you are enjoying a lovely Saturday.  Hard to believe that July is almost over! 

4 comments:

  1. Too bad all the weather conditions just couldn't be equally distributed throughout the world. We certainly saw more than enough rain in Nepal. But now just drought and heat, a bit of dust and humidity. I bet Mr. Rooster and Mrs. Hen will enjoy the ground conditions after the rains. Have a great day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Checked you out from Seawitch's feature and so glad I did - lovely blog! Am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a handsome rooster who is no doubt doing his 'chicken little' impression because he thinks the sky is falling!! I wish I could bundle up some of the warmth and send it to you! They said today on the news that we've had 26 days of temps 90+ this summer which I'll try to remember in January when I'm cold! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Send the rain our way, we are boiling over. As for the chickens...they are saying "There ain't no Chick Fil A's in Germany so we live to crow another day." Sea Witch

    ReplyDelete